Most employees will spend more time at work than any other place during their lives (except for when they are sleeping). Employee Appreciation Day is the perfect time for you to appreciate the hard work and loyalty of these team members.
How you can make this day special for your employees? We have these 5 ideas to help you motivate your team:
- Give Time Off. Do you think your employees might enjoy a little paid time off for Employee Appreciation Day? This can be as little as letting them off just a couple of hours before their normal time. You can also make it more fun by rewarding employees with a “leave early” coupon and give them the liberty to use them to take time off on any day of their liking. Time-off is great for stress relief and gives your employees a chance to decompress.
- Celebration with Food. One way to celebrate the success of your employees is to take them to lunch or host a lunch at your workplace. If lunches are common at your office, try to make this one extra special with an ice-cream sundae party or a happy hour with unlimited drinks for everyone. Don’t be afraid to go above and beyond for them, they do it for you daily.
- Reward with Gifts. This is where the ideas never end. You can get anything from Starbucks or Amazon gift cards for each employee or even a business gift with their names embossed in them. Is your team member a fan of baseball? How about getting those tickets for two to go see their favorite team? Is your employee crazy about computer games? Why not give him/her a gaming mouse or headset? You could even buy a few board games for employees to play in the office when they just need a couple hours to have a little bit of fun.
- Have a Fun Activity. What you can do is hold a voting for a list of activities that your employees would like to do. This can include a place they would like to go and the things(s) they would like to do there. Have brainstorming sessions to make the team feel acknowledged and to spread the message that it’s not always about work – sometimes it’s all about fun. Once the ideas are listed, have them all anonymously rate and vote each idea.
- An Out-of-Office Trip. This can be a team building activity. Create a list of fun and interesting team building exercises and then have your employees decide which of these exercises they would like to go ahead with. It can be something as interesting as a cooking class, a high-ropes course, or maybe a bowling tournament at a local bowling alley. These events will be remembered and cherished for years to come.
Appreciating your employees for all the hard work is what will keep them motivated to stay dedicated, hardworking, and loyal to you and your business. Want more ideas? Get in touch with us and let Birch Higgins provide you with awards and recognition ideas to make this Employee Appreciation Day special for your employees.